1. Hand baggage
Business class passenger is allowed to bring two pieces of luggage while Economy class passenger has permission to carry only one pieces of luggage. The pieces have to follow international standard in term of their weight and three dimensions not exceeding 115 cm (56 x 36 x 23 cm).
- Ladies’ handbag, pocket book or purse
- Overcoat, wraps or blanket
- Umbrella or walking stick without pointy end
- Laptop, small camera and binocular
- Reading material
- Infant’s consuming items
- Collapsible wheelchair, crutches or braces
- All knives, swords and razor tool which can be used as weapon
- Bludgeon and blackjacks
2. Checked baggage
- Business class: The maximum of weight for a piece of baggage is 30 kgs. For only routing Vietnam – Australia, Vietnam – Russia, Vietnam – France, Vietnam – Germany, the maximum of weight of weight for a piece of baggage is 40 kgs.
- Economy class: The maximum of weight for a piece of baggage is 20 kgs. For only routing Vietnam-Australia, Vietnam-Russia, Vietnam-France, Vietnam-Germany, the maximum weight for a piece of baggage is 30 kgs.
Baggage of which the weight exceed 32 kgs, the sum of three dimensions exceed 203 cms shall not be carried as accompanied baggage unless prior arrangement have been made.
4. Special baggage
Special baggage includes sport baggage; bike and bulky baggage; pet/animals and remains. Each of the items require specific criterion and early register to be carried as checked baggage or cargo. Further information can easily be collected on the official website of your chosen airline.
5. Baggage security check
Airlines have the right to ask for travelers’ permission to examine their body and luggage. Even if passengers are absent, airlines can still check their luggage to make sure there won’t be any prohibited or limited items to be brought on planes. If passenger refuses to cooperate, airlines won’t accept to carry one and his/her baggage but still applies refunding policy.
6. Excess baggage charge:
6.1 Domestic flights within Vietnam
- Between Hanoi and Hochiminh city, Nha Trang, Buon Ma Thuot, Dat Lat, Can Tho, Pleiku, Tuy Hoa, Qui Nhon: VND 40,000/kg
- Between Ho Chi Minh city and Hai Phong, Vinh City, Dong Hoi: VND 40,000/kg
- Other: VND 20,000/kg
6.2 International flights
- Zone 1: Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, Thailand
- Zone 2: Russia in Europe and South Asia subcontinent South Asian, Japan / Korea, Pacific North / Central, South-West Pacific (with the exception of Zone 1 and Japan)
- Zone 3: Japan and Europe, Middle East, Africa (with the exception of Russia in Europe)
|From/To||Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3|
|Zone 1||USD 5/kg||USD 10/kg||USD 20/kg|
|Zone 2||USD 10/kg||USD 20/kg||USD 30/kg|
|Zone 3||USD 30/kg||USD 40/kg||USD 50/kg|